HUDDLE SPACES – The New Meeting Room & BYOD
Source: Kramer Electronics
What’s new in the corporate meetings and meeting spaces (and don’t forget study areas!)? Many companies are scrapping the large formal conference and meeting areas for their employees and moving towards smaller, more intimate “Huddle Spaces.” This allows for a building to provide more locations where employee or client collaboration can take place and more intimate and efficient interactions for working on projects. They increase productivity while decreasing both the cost of large AV systems and square footage required to provide space for such cooperation – not to mention, loosening the requirement of booking the meeting room far in advance for projects that may need pretty quick action.
So, what’s a Huddle Space? It’s a space (almost anywhere), that contains a few staple items to allow collaboration or conferencing on the fly. Most often, you’ll find a table, chairs, a monitor (or 2), input plug in’s or wireless sharing devices for collaborating and sometimes tele or video conferencing equipment. It’s a BYOD world now (Bring Your Own Device). These spaces are prepared to accept most device inputs from tablets to laptops so that however you prefer to work and share, you’re capable of doing so without much effort.
source: Kramer Electronics
We’ll highlight a few *really good options for you:
*these are trusted, long standing AV manufacturers who back their products with pride – we wouldn’t sell you anything but!
Crestron AM100 : AirMedia Presentation Gateway
With AirMedia™ anyone can walk into a room and wirelessly present PowerPoint®, Excel®, Word and PDF documents, as well as photos, on the room display from their personal iOS® or Android™ mobile device. MacBook® and PC laptops can be connected seamlessly as well, making presentations from most any device fast and easy. There are no wires to hook up, no complicated settings to configure, and no AV or control system is required. Simply connect via the local Wi-Fi® network and start sharing content from your portable device.
Present Anything — Without Wires
Bring your own device to a meeting or collaboration session and share your content through the big screen without hooking up any wires. AirMedia supports Windows® and OS X® computers, as well as Apple® iOS and Android mobile devices. Presenters using a Mac® or PC can connect to AirMedia without any special software installed, while iPad® and other mobile device users need only download the free AirMedia app from the iTunes® App Store or Google Play™
Enables wireless presentation of HD content using laptops, tablets, and smartphones
- Low cost, easy to use, and easy to deploy across any number of rooms
- Compatible with Windows®, OS X®, Apple® iOS®, and Android™
- Displays up to four presentation sources at once in Quad View
- Integrates with DigitalMedia™, CaptureLiveHD™, Crestron RL™, and other systems
- Customizable welcome screen provides clear instructions for presenters
- Integrates seamlessly with Crestron Connected® displays 
- Compatible with virtually any display device 
- Supports Full HD 1080p and UXGA display resolutions
- Provides HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio outputs
- Choice of connection methods accommodates all types of users and organizations
- Supports up to 32 simultaneous presenter connections
- Remote View allows viewing and saving of presentation images through a Web browser
- Compact form factor fits easily behind flat panels and above projectors
- Leverages existing wired and wireless network infrastructure and security policies 
- Desktop applications for PC and Mac® can be silently deployed enterprise-wide by the IT department
- No software installation required for guest PC and Mac users
- Free downloadable app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Integrates with Crestron Fusion® via a Crestron Control System®
- Fully managed over the network using SNMP
Wireless Presentation and Collaboration Solution
VIA Connect PRO is a wireless collaboration and presentation solution that makes sharing and presenting in meetings easier. With any laptop or mobile device, users can view, edit and comment on documents in real time, share files and chat with individuals or multiple participants simultaneously. The solution can show up to six four screens on the main display.
VIA Connect PRO is ideal for huddle rooms, offering the best price−performance in the market.
- Wireless Connection - Connect wirelessly with your own device. No dongle needed.
- Multimedia - Share uninterrupted full HD wireless video streaming (up to 1080p60), MP3 files and photos.
- Start Collaboration - Click to collaborate through a common display. Multiple users can edit and control what’s happening on the main display at the same time.
- File Sharing - Share files with one or several participants.
- Whiteboard - Annotate, illustrate and edit shared documents with any regular or touch−panel device.
- Cloud - Drag and drop files to the Cloud to share instantly with other users.
- Enable Control - Give a participant control over a presenter’s MAC® or PC laptop.
- Multilingual Support - Experience VIA in your language.
- 3-Year Warranty.
The Vaddio HuddleSTATION includes the necessary peripherals to create a high-quality multi-use room and group collaboration experience: an HD camera, loudspeakers, microphones and a control dock. Users simply connect personal devices to the HuddleSTATION control dock via a USB or HDMI connection and begin using their favorite collaboration tools.
Employees can collaborate remotely with PowerPoint or Keynote presentations, engage in high definition videoconferencing using Skype, Microsoft Lync, WebEx, or any other application, as well as record meetings for review and provide record keeping of participants who could not attend the meeting. Users can also use SIP-based Voice over IP (VoIP) for multi-person audio conferencing or stream videos over IP using YouTube, Vimeo, or any other application of their choice.
It’s that simple: whatever device employees want to use, whatever operating system they have, whatever way they want to collaborate, and whatever application they want to use—they can.
The HuddleSTATION is designed for small group meeting spaces of 3-4 people.
(See Also the GroupSTATION and AppSTATION for alternatives!)
Digital Communications & Display, LLC is an authorized dealer of the above mentioned products but has received no financial assistance or gain to advertise them. We believe a good product can speak for itself… we just want to share the advances in technology with you!